You break us down to build us up.
But you forget to fix the damage you’ve caused.
Do you forget, or do you just not care?
I see within people, but I cannot see within you. You are my Enigma, the answer always just out of reach.
It’s not fair to us, but nothing was ever fair to you.
I wish I could hate you, and sometimes I feel like I do.
But then I look at myself, and then I look at you. I look at all of us, at everyone, and I do not wish for change.
New things come every day, the past simultaneously being erased and uncovered.
What have you caused-- what have you done? Good or bad, I do not know.
Perhaps I will never know, but you seem to.
Black hair swirls around you, just barely grazing your shoulders.
Its color a testament to a writhing darkness within.
Is this darkness supposed, or is it truly there, just lying dormant? I do not know, and I never will.
Do you know, or are you waiting for answers, too?
I do not know you, and you do not know me.
All we know is what used to be.
-- You, You Need to be Happier
Comments
Post a Comment